Drainage & Drain Unblocking
We’re unblocking specialists in guildford
Is your kitchen sink slow to drain or your shower? Slow draining water from inside the home can be an indication of a larger problem. Blocked drains are not only a nuisance but a potential health hazard too.
Call the drain unblocking specialists in Guildford – call us!
What are the causes of a blocked drain?
There are many reasons why drains become blocked:
- Fats and grease – as hard as you try not to, fats and grease from the kitchen will drain into the main sewer. Over time, fat build up can contribute to slow running sewers which can cause problems with water draining from your home.
- Wet wipes – unlike toilet paper, wet wipes do not disintegrate when flushed. And that means a blockage quickly develops.
- Food build up – from the dishwasher and the kitchen sink, food stuffs can build up in pipes too, creating an obstruction.
- Hair and other detritus – hair and other detritus is washed into the drains from showers, baths and washroom sinks.
- Poor state of repair – drains can be in a poor state of repair and may be damaged too, such as by tree roots. Age also contributes to drains collapsing too.
The good news is, when this happens, the problem is easily solved. Our team of skilled engineers will quickly diagnose the problem using the latest CCTV drain surveying technology.
Contact Surrey Drains by calling our office at 0148 338 5120, or visit our contact page to request an inspection.
The symptoms of a blocked drain
Unsure if the drain at your Guildford property is blocked? There are a few tell-tale signs to look for:
- Smell – a foul smell outside your property or inside can be a sign the drains in your property are blocked
- Gurgling noise as sinks and showers empty – when you pull the plug, any water in the sink or bath should quickly drain away. As it does so, if it makes a gurgling or bubbling noise, it means there is a blockage somewhere in the pipes or possibly the drain.
Why the problem needs sorting fast!
A blocked drain is a nuisance but it can be problematic for a number of reasons:
- Waste water backing up into your property can lead to unpleasant smells as well as obvious concerns about bacteria and other water borne illnesses.
- Blocked drains can back up into your garden too, contaminating everything from soil to garden furniture.
- The enormous pressure placed on the drain itself by a blockage or obstruction can cause it to collapse.
With our competitive drain unblocking prices and responsive emergency call out service, as soon as you spot a problem, you know the company to call – us!
Drain unblocking, repairs and surveys
At Surrey Drains, we do more than unblock drains at commercial and domestic properties. We release any blockages leaving a free-running drain but we also perform drain surveys. Using the latest CCTV technology, we’ll give you a full update of the state of drains on your property, including any repairs needed.
Our skilled drain repair specialists will leave you in the knowledge that all waste water from your property can drain away as it should. Our emergency call out team works in and around Guildford daily meaning we can respond quickly.
BLOCKED DRAINS IN GUILDFORD
If you are looking for a professional, reputable and established drain repairs & guildford drain unblocking service look no further. From a CCTV drain survey to professional drain repairs – we can help day or night whatever the weather and where-ever you may be in the Guildford area. Drains in guildford stay clear and free running thanks to Surrey Drains Local Services.
We use the latest technologies including high pressure water jetting, advanced rods and power cleaning to remove those stubborn blockages. Drain clearance should always be left to the professionals to ensure drains do not end up partially unblocked, or worse, the problem is compounded by additional blockages.
Trust our business for your drain clearance needs. We offer a 7 day service for all our services, if you need a CCTV drain survey or other guildford drain services you can call us anytime.
We also offer preventative maintenance services – so if you find your drains are smelling, slow to drain or are starting to show the signs of blocking we can help remove obstructions and with our drain cleaning – can help restore full flow of all waste water. 24 hours a day, our engineers in guildford are out servicing clients drainage problems and drain repair.