Drainage & Drain Unblocking
We’re unblocking specialists in Haslemere
Is your kitchen sink slow to drain or your shower? Slow draining water from inside the home can be an indication of a larger problem. Blocked drains are not only a nuisance but a potential health hazard too.
Call the drain unblocking specialists in Haslemere – call us!
How can we help?
- Local, Haslemere drain survey and unblocking specialists
- Drain unblocking services
- Drain survey services
- 24/7 emergency call out
- Competitive rates
With our responsive service, you don’t need to live with bad smells and blocked drains – get in touch today!
Contact Surrey Drains by calling our office at 0148 338 5120, or visit our contact page to request an inspection.
How do drains become blocked?
Drains are designed to carry away waste water from a property such as bath water, dirty water from the dishwasher and washing machines, as well as efficiently funnel away rainwater too.
It’s not uncommon for a drain to become blocked. And when it does, the obstruction can be far into the system meaning that specialist equipment such as high powered jets are needed to shift it.
Our skilled team has the specialist knowledge to safely unblock a drain, without damaging the existing structure.
How do you know when a drain is blocked?
In some cases, the obstruction becomes so acute that it’s hard not to notice! With waste water and unpleasant dustritus backing up through the exterior drain cover is a clear sign there is a blockage.
But there are tell-tale signs that point to a slow running or partially-blocked drain:
- Poor draining water from sinks, baths and showers – if the water is no longer free draining or taking some time to empty, it could be an indication of a problem further into the drainage system at your Haslemere property.
- Unpleasant smells – if you notice an unpleasant smell outside your property around the drain cover or an unpleasant smell in the kitchen or bathroom, it could mean that water water is not draining away as it should.
- Gurgling noises as water drains away – have you noticed a strange gurgling noise? This is the noise that water makes when it is struggling to drain.
The causes of a blocked drain
Drains are simple structures that can become blocked:
- Flushing things down the toilet that shouldn’t be – other than toilet paper, nothing else should be flushed away. Unfortunately, wet wipes do not disintegrate on flushing meaning that they accumulate to form a stubborn obstruction in the drain.
- Grease & fats – cooking fats and grease can also accumulate, slowing down waste water from reaching the main sewer.
- Hair and other detritus – without a hair trap in the shower or bath, human hair can quickly cause a problem in the narrow pipes of your home. If they reach the main drain, it contributes to obstructions that may be building in the drain.
- Collapsing drains – age contributes to a drain collapsing, as well as tree roots causing damage.