Drainage & Drain Unblocking
We’re unblocking specialists in Horley
Blocked drains at your Horley property? You need our skilled team of drain unblocking specialists!
Quite often, we don’t realise that there is a problem with the drains until dirty, germ-laden waste water backs up through the drain cover. Worst still, this dirty water can back up through interior plumbing too. That could mean a blocked toilet or bathroom basin.
Our specialist drain unblock team has the knowledge and specialist equipment needed to restore a drain to full working order.
We a competitive prices and an exceptional service, it’s no wonder people call the team at Surrey Drains to deal with blocked drains and repairs:
- Skilled team – our technicians are trained specialists
- Experienced – coupled with local knowledge, the team understand how to deal with all drain obstruction quickly
- The latest technology – high pressure water jets is a tried and tested drain unblocking technique.
Contact Surrey Drains by calling our office at 0148 338 5120, or visit our contact page to request an inspection.
Tell-tale signs of a blocked drain
There are other signs that a drain at your Horley home or business is partially blocked:
- Noise – when water drains from bathroom and kitchen sinks, the bath or shower, it shouldn’t make a gurgling noise.This gurgling or popping sound is a sign that the water has hit an obstacle, and is struggling to make it to the main drain.
- Smell – if you notice a ‘bad’ lingering odour either in your home or outside, this could mean there is waste water pooling in the drain.
- Slow draining water – waste water from sinks, showers and baths should quickly drain away, as too should rainwater down the exterior drains of your property. If it doesn’t, there could be a problem with your drain.
An efficient, effective drain unblocking service from a local Surrey drain company
Working in and around the town of Horley and across the county, our team is able to respond quickly to calls for help with blocked drains.
It’s important to deal with a blocked drain quickly. Not only is wastewater backing up into and onto your property a health issue, a serious obstruction in a drain can lead to a build up of pressure. It can also damage the drain, leading to corrosion of the main drain pipe.
Our team uses the latest high pressure water jet technology to clear a blocked drain. Not only is this an efficient method, it also clears any obstruction without damaging the drain.
The causes of a blocked drain
Drains are simple structures that can become blocked:
- Flushing things down the toilet that shouldn’t be – other than toilet paper, nothing else should be flushed away. Unfortunately, wet wipes do not disintegrate on flushing meaning that they accumulate to form a stubborn obstruction in the drain.
- Grease & fats – cooking fats and grease can also accumulate, slowing down waste water from reaching the main sewer.
- Hair and other detritus – without a hair trap in the shower or bath, human hair can quickly cause a problem in the narrow pipes of your home. If they reach the main drain, it contributes to obstructions that may be building in the drain.
- Collapsing drains – age contributes to a drain collapsing, as well as tree roots causing damage.
A comprehensive service from a reliable local company
We want to make sure that waste water, including rain water, drains efficiently from your property. To do this, we offer a range of drainage services. As well as emergency call out to blocked drains, we also:
- CCTV drain surveys – sometimes, drains become blocked because they are damaged, such as by tree roots or building work, or partially collapse due to age. Our CCTV drain survey will identify any problems.
- No-dig drain repairs – if we do spot a problem, we can provide you with a detailed report of repairs needed, including no dig drain repairs.
- Advice on avoiding blocked drains – we want you to avoid blocked drains in the future, we offer advice on what to avoid such as minimise grease and fat that enters the drain, hair traps in the shower and so on.
How can we help?
- Local, Horley drain survey and unblocking specialists
- Drain unblocking services
- Drain survey services
- 24/7 emergency call out
- Competitive rates
With our responsive service, you don’t need to live with bad smells and blocked drains – get in touch today!