Drainage & Drain Unblocking
We’re unblocking specialists in lightwater
Is the drain at your Lightwater property blocked? A drain doesn’t have to be completely blocked to cause a problem. Even partial obstructions can cause a problem including bad odours. When that happens, you need our drain experts.
There are many signs that a drain on your Lightwater property could be blocked:
- Bad odour – if you notice a bad odour escaping from near drain covers outside or even from sinks in your home, it could be a sign that there is a problem with the drain at your property. Even a partial blockage can lead to bad smells.
- Overflowing drains – wastewater pushing up through the drain cover is a sure sign that the drain is blocked.
- Slow draining bathroom and kitchen sinks – if you notice that water is slow to drain from sinks in your home, or the bath or shower, it is a strong indication there is a blockage in the drainage system.
- Noisy drainage – when the sink has emptied, are you left listening to a gurgling or glugging noise? If so, this means that water is trying to find its way past a blockage.
Contact Surrey Drains by calling our office at 0148 338 5120, or visit our contact page to request an inspection.
A local, reliable drain unblocking company
The solution is to call in a local Lightwater specialist drain company to diagnose the problem and effectively deal with it.
Our skilled technicians use high power water jets to effectively breakdown obstructions and blockages, all without damaging the drain.
They will also use these jets to clean the inside of the drain, restoring free-flowing water easily and quickly. They will also clean down areas affected by dirty drain water too.
Avoiding blocked drains in the future
A blocked drain is a health hazard as well as a nuisance. You will want to avoid it again in the future and our specialist drainage team can help;
- Do NOT dispose of fats down the sink – fats should not be disposed of down the drain. Fat not only causes problems in the drains on your property but further into the sewage system too.
- Do NOT flush wet wipes or sanitary products – even though some products claim to be flushable, they rarely disintegrate. And that means that they start to collect into one large ‘wet wipe berg’. This can damage the drain on your property as well as place pressure onto the main sewers too.
- Do use a hair trap on shower and bathroom plug holes – hair can also cause a problem, especially in the internal plumbing of your property. Using hair traps minimises the possibility of this happening.
- Do consider a CCTV drain survey – age also affects how effective a drain performs. A weakened drain can lead to a partial collapse. Damage has the same effect, with the most common culprit being tree root ingress.
Why turn to Surrey Drains?
There are many reasons why we are the trusted drainage specialists in Surrey:
- Local – our teams work throughout the county on a daily basis. We are able to respond quickly to blocked drains.
- Experienced – with local knowledge and experience, our technicians have the latest techniques and equipment at their disposal to deal with all blocked drains.
- Skilled – as well as a sound plumbing knowledge, our teams are all specialists in drainage systems, meaning they quickly diagnose and unblock drains.
- 24/7 emergency call out – no matter what time of night or day you discover your drain is blocked, we are on hand to deal with it.
To find out more or to get your drain running free, call us today!