Drainage & Drain Unblocking
We’re unblocking specialists in Mersham
Blocked drains at your Mersham property? You need the expert team from Surrey Drains!
A blocked drain happens for a number of reasons:
Age or being in a poor state of repair – drains don’t last forever and so when they weaken with age, or are damaged by tree routes or construction work, wastewater cannot drain away effectively.
Wet wipes, sanitary products and other items being flushed away – the only thing that should be flushed down the toilet is toilet paper. And even then it could cause a problem. Expensive 4-ply toilet paper, for example, does not disintegrate when flushed away. Gradually, these items will clump together, forming an obstruction that will lead to a slow running or blocked drain.
Fat – another common cause of a blocked drain is fat and grease being washed into the drain. Fat is not dissolvable in water and so, over time, fat and grease deposits will clump together, forming an ever bigger obstruction in the drain that can be difficult to shift.
There are many other factors that contribute to blocked drains, including hair washing into the drain from the shower or the bath, clumps of soap and, in some cases, children’s toys.
Contact Surrey Drains by calling our office at 0148 338 5120, or visit our contact page to request an inspection.
Signs of a blocked drain
A fully blocked drain will cause wastewater to be pushed up and through a drain cover. But partial blockages tend to give off signals before it reaches this point:
- Slow draining bathroom basins and kitchen sinks – as soon as the plugged is pulled, water should easily and quickly drain. If it doesn’t, this is a sign that there is a blockage in the pipes or the drain.
- A gurgling noise – as water passes through the twists and turns of the pipes, it can make a gurgling sound. If this noise continues for some time after the water has drained from the kitchen sink, bathroom basin, bath or shower, it is a sign that is a blockage building in the drainage system.
- A bad odour – if you notice a foul smell in or around your property, it could be a sign of standing or pooling water in the drain.
How to deal with a blocked drain
Do NOT attempt to deal with a blocked drain yourself – this can lead to damage within the drain itself. The same is true for a blocked toilet and blocked bathroom and kitchen sinks.
Calling in the experts, means you get a professional service and a fast, effective response. Working close to Mersham, our drain unblocking experts will answer your call for help quickly.
Drain Unblocking Mersham – How We Can Help YOU Right Now
We attend your property within the hour:
- Diagnose your blocked drains / sewerage issues
Give you a cost so you can decide if you want us to resolve on site
- Find and resolve your issues
- Leave you happy and extremely satisfied with our drainage service
Offering an emergency call out service, our team will:
- Use high pressure water jets to shift the blockage without damaging the drain
- Clean the inside of the drain, ensuring that the possibility of future blockages are minimise
- If contaminated water has seeped onto the outside of your property, we’ll wash that down too
- Offer advice on how to avoid a blocked drain at your Mersham property in the future
Our emergency call out service is available for both domestic and commercial customers. If you have a blocked drain, call the emergency team now. For CCTV drain survey enquiries, please book an appointment.
Avoiding blocked drains in the future
It is important to keep drains running freely. Here are a few tips to make that happen:
- Do not flush away wet wipes and sanitary products, even if they say they are flushable
- Do not wash away fat but dispose of by using a specialist company or using a solidifying agent and placing in the bin
- Compost food waste including coffee ground and tea leaves, or recycle in the food waste bin at the kerbside but not into the drain
- Use a hair trap on showers and baths to stop hairballs from forming in the pipes
- Consider a CCTV drain survey to check the drain lining for damage