Drainage & Drain Unblocking
We’re unblocking specialists in Molesey
Do you have a blocked drain at your Molesey property? If so, you need our specialist drain unblocking team!
Why does a drain become blocked?
People often think that drains are large in diameter, like a sewer. But drains that run from a property into the main sewer is actually quite small in diameter. This means it doesn’t take much for a partial or full blockage of the drain to happen.
- Is the drain in a poor state of repair? – tree roots can damage drains, for example, as well as construction work. Age also causes partial collapse of the drain wall, and this leads to blockages and slow-draining wastewater.
- Wet wipes, sanitary products and other items flushed down the toilet – wet wipes and sanitary products are not flushable, even though on their packaging they sometimes claim to be. Over time, they will build up to block the drain.
- Fat – washing fat and grease straight down the sink contribute to blocked drains. Fat is not dissolvable which means that fat globules will start to stick together, forming a significant obstruction. This causes a problem on your Molesey property, as well as deeper into the sewer system.
Other items flushed and rinsed down the sink can contribute to block drains, such as pouring away coffee grounds. Anything that is not dissolvable in water has the potential to block a drain. Even some dissolvable products, such as bath bombs and soap, can also cause a problem when they break off in chunks but don’t dissolve
Contact Surrey Drains by calling our office at 0148 338 5120, or visit our contact page to request an inspection.
What are the signs of a blocked drain?
Slow draining basins, baths, showers and kitchen sinks – wastewater should quickly drain away when the plugged is pulled. If it takes time to disappear down the plug hole, this is a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in the system.
A gurgling noise – it’s not unusual to hear a gurgling noise as water makes its way along the pipes into the drain. But if this noise continues long after the water has drained from the sink or bath, it could be that there is an obstruction in the pipe or drain.
A bad odour – an unpleasant smell around sinks or outside is a sign of standing water in the drain and should be investigated.
A blocked toilet – if, when flushed, the water does not drain quickly away from the toilet, there is a strong possibility there is a blockage in the drain.
A fully blocked drain will often push up the drain cover, with stagnant, sewage water seeping all over your driveway and garden.
How to deal with a blocked drain
It is important to call the professionals because attempting to unblock a drain yourself can lead to damage which can be expensive to repair.
Our professional drain unblocking service is fast and effective. Our team works close to Molesey – and across Surrey – on a daily basis and can arrive quickly at your property to deal with a blocked drain.
Our emergency call out drain unblocking service is relied upon by domestic and commercial customers. We deal with blocked drains by using high powered water jets. These powerful blasts of water effectively and quickly move obstructions and without damaging the drain lining.
We also clean the inside of the drain in an effort to stop blockages from forming. We can also survey the inside of the drain with specialist CCTV equipment, producing a detailed report of any damage that needs repairing.
To find out more, just give us a call. And our emergency call out team is on hand 24/7 to deal with blocked drains in Molesey and across Surrey!
Is sewage leaking into your garden or onto the driveway?
STOP and call us straight away! Our emergency call out team will make unblocking your drain a priority.
Call the experts – call Surrey Drains
Responsive – working in and around Surrey, including Molesey, on a regular basis, we are quick to answer your call.
Experts – with many years’ experience, our team are the experts you need to quickly and safely unblock a drain.
Emergency call out service – we know that people think emergency call out fees are high but you’ll be surprised at just how competitive (and affordable) our rates are.
Safe, effective drain unblocking technology – we use high pressure water jets that can shift even the most stubborn blocked drains WITHOUT damaging the drain.
Avoiding blocked drains in the future
It is important to keep drains running freely. Here are a few tips to make that happen:
- Do not flush away wet wipes and sanitary products, even if they say they are flushable
- Do not wash away fat but dispose of by using a specialist company or using a solidifying agent and placing in the bin
- Compost food waste including coffee ground and tea leaves, or recycle in the food waste bin at the kerbside but not into the drain
- Use a hair trap on showers and baths to stop hairballs from forming in the pipes
- Consider a CCTV drain survey to check the drain lining for damage