Drainage & Drain Unblocking
We’re unblocking specialists in Redhill
Problems with slow draining bathroom and kitchen sinks at your Redhill property? IIt could mean the drain at your property is blocked. And if it is, you need a reliable drain unblocking service – you need us!
How do drains become blocked?
The drain system from your property is simple – drains capture rainwater and wastewater from sinks, baths and showers, and become the channel that allows the water to run into the main sewer.
But, we can put things into the drain that causes problems such as fats and grease, sanitary products and wet wipes.
These things get snagged on the drain lining or on bends in the drains. And when this happens, it becomes a larger obstruction time.
A partial obstruction can slow the flow of water. Left unchecked, the drain can become completely blocked.
If this is the case, you need our emergency call out drain unblocking service!
Contact Surrey Drains by calling our office at 0148 338 5120, or visit our contact page to request an inspection.
How do you know when a drain is blocked?
In some cases, the obstruction becomes such a problem, that it’s hard not to notice – if sewage is pushing up through the drain cover, the drain is blocked!
But there are other tell-tale signs before this happens including…
- Poor draining water from sinks, baths and showers – if water is not free draining or taking time to empty, it is a sign that there is a blockage in the drain.
- Unpleasant smell – if you notice a bad smell outside your property around the drain cover or an unpleasant smell in the kitchen or bathroom, it means that water in the drain is not draining away. Pooling water will smell bad!
- Gurgling noises as water drains away – if you notice the slow pop-pop-pop noise when the water has drained from the sink, bath or shower, it’s a sign that water is draining too slowly, as it finds a way past a blockage.
- A full toilet pan when flushed – when the toilet is flushed, the volume of water should instantly push into the drain. But if the toilet pan fills up, it’s a sign that there is an obstruction further into the drain system.
Why do drains become blocked?
- Flushing things down the toilet that shouldn’t be – other than toilet paper, no other products or items should be flushed and that includes:
- Wet wipes
- Sanitary products
- Thick wads of toilet paper
- Grease & fats – cooking fats also accumulate in the drain. In some cases, this can be a serious blockage that can be hard to shift.
- Food and drink products – large particles of food or drink products such as tea leaves and coffee grounds can block the drain.
- Hair and other detritus – human hair can cause problems in the narrow pipes leading from baths, showers and sinks. And it can cause problems in the drain too!
- Collapsing drains – drains can collapse, usually caused by either damage, such as from tree roots, or the drain lining failing due to age.
How easy is it to unblock a drain at your Redhill property?
With our qualified and skilled team on hand, the drain will be unblocked quickly:
- Our emergency call out team will unblock the drain using high-powered water jets
- We unblock the drain without damaging it
- Our CCTV drain surveys will give you a full report on the state of the drain and if repairs are needed