Drainage & Drain Unblocking
We’re unblocking specialists in Tadworth
I think my drain is blocked…?
We get many calls like this. There are various tell-tale signs that a drain is running slow due to it being partially blocked. These signs include:
- Slow draining water from bathroom and kitchen sinks, baths and showers
- A strange gurgling noise in the pipe when the water has finally drained away
- A ‘bad’ smell that seems to linger around sinks, as well as outside around the drain cover
Contact Surrey Drains by calling our office at 0148 338 5120, or visit our contact page to request an inspection.
The toilet, when flushed, fills to the top of the rim and then suddenly disappears. Why is this?
This is another sign of a blocked drain at a Tadworth property. The most common cause of a blocked toilet and drain is flushing away wet wipes and sanitary products. Large wads of toilet paper also causes a blocked drain.
Is it easy to unblock a drain at my Tadworth property?
Calling in our expert drain unblocking specialists means that all drainage issues can be resolved.
It depends on the…
- Cause of the blockage – is it a collapse drain or a physical blockage, for example?
- The size and depth of the problem – some blocked drains are very close to the property but others can be deeper into the drainage system, close to where the drain meets the main sewer.
- How easy it is to get too – but with our high pressure water jets and rods, no blockage is out of reach!
What’s causing my drain blockage?
Kitchen Sink Blockage or Bathroom Sink Blockage:
Fat is almost always the main reason for drain blockages caused by cooking and frying oils emptied down the kitchen sink. Over time, the oils form thick sticky fat deposits that build up and obstruct the pipework.
Wet wipes are now commonly found to be a major cause of blocked drainage systems. In a very short period of time the materials stick to each other and other substances, including fat, to quickly cause a clogged pipe.
Further drain blockages can also be caused via the kitchen sink by food and drink waste, including coffee grounds.