Drainage & Drain Unblocking
We’re unblocking specialists in Walton on Thames
Is your kitchen sink slow to drain?
Is there a strange gurgling sound in the pipes once the bath has emptied?
Have you noticed a ‘bad smell’ around the drain cover in the garden of your Walton on Thames property?
If so, you could have a blocked drain. Thankfully, the expert drain specialists at Surrey Drains are on hand to deal with the problem. .
Call the drain unblocking specialists in Waltonon Thames – call us!
The top five causes of a blocked drain
There are many reasons why drains become blocked:
- Wet wipes – unlike toilet paper, wet wipes do not disintegrate when flushed. And even though the packaging may say they are flushable, they are not. The same is true for sanitary products and other items such as cotton buds.
- Fats and grease – fats and grease will, over time, build up in the drain and sewers causing large fatbergs, Dispose of fats another way, such as in the bin or with a specialist company.
- Food build up – from the dishwasher and the kitchen sink, food stuffs can build up in pipes too, creating an obstruction. Compost food waste or place out for kerbside recycling.
- Hair and other detritus – use hair traps to minimise the risk of blocked pipes. If the drain is already struggling with food and fat detritus, hair will add to the problem.
- Poor state of repair – drains can be in a poor state of repair, damaged by construction, tree roots and age also causes them to collapse.
There is good news – not only is a blocked drain avoidable, our drain specialists can unblock it!
Contact Surrey Drains by calling our office at 0148 338 5120, or visit our contact page to request an inspection.
The symptoms of a blocked drain
- A blocked drain is a nuisance
- It is also a potential health hazard as waste water backing up into your property can lead to
- unpleasant smells
- Health concerns due to raw sewage and water borne illnesses
- It can cause damage to the drain with a massive increase in pressure and corrosion from the water itself.
- ‘Sewage backing up’ into the garden, garage or outbuildings contaminates everything from soil to garden furniture.
Our emergency call out service is exactly what you need!
Why the problem needs sorting fast!
A blocked drain is a nuisance but it can be problematic for a number of reasons:
- Waste water backing up into your property can lead to unpleasant smells as well as obvious concerns about bacteria and other water borne illnesses.
- Blocked drains can back up into your garden too, contaminating everything from soil to garden furniture.
- The enormous pressure placed on the drain itself by a blockage or obstruction can cause it to collapse.
With our competitive drain unblocking prices and responsive emergency call out service, as soon as you spot a problem, you know the company to call – us!
BLOCKED DRAINS IN Walton On Thames
If you are looking for a professional, reputable and established drain repairs & guildford drain unblocking service look no further. From a CCTV drain survey to professional drain repairs – we can help day or night whatever the weather and where-ever you may be in the Guildford area. Drains in guildford stay clear and free running thanks to Surrey Drains Local Services.
We use the latest technologies including high pressure water jetting, advanced rods and power cleaning to remove those stubborn blockages. Drain clearance should always be left to the professionals to ensure drains do not end up partially unblocked, or worse, the problem is compounded by additional blockages.
Trust our business for your drain clearance needs. We offer a 7 day service for all our services, if you need a CCTV drain survey or other guildford drain services you can call us anytime.
We also offer preventative maintenance services – so if you find your drains are smelling, slow to drain or are starting to show the signs of blocking we can help remove obstructions and with our drain cleaning – can help restore full flow of all waste water. 24 hours a day, our engineers in guildford are out servicing clients drainage problems and drain repair.